Some of the

Nearby Attractions

Bangalamukhi Temple

Bangalamukhi Temple AKA Kumbheshwar Temple is one of the oldest temples, situated 200m from the northern part of Patan Durbar Square. It was built in the 14th century (around 1392) by King Jayasthiti Malla that makes it the oldest temple in Patan. It is one of the two free-standing five-storied temples, the other being the famous Nyatapola temple of Bhaktapur. The temple is noted for its graceful proportions and fine woodcarvings and is dedicated to Shiva, as indicated by the large Nandi, or bull, facing the temple.[1]

Patan Durbar Square

Patan Durbar Square is situated at the centre of the city of Lalitpur in Nepal. It is one of the three Durbar Squares in the Kathmandu Valley, all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. One of its attraction is the ancient royal palace where the Malla Kings of Lalitpur resided. The Durbar Square is a marvel of Newar architecture. The Square also holds old Newari residential houses. There are other temples and structures in and around Patan Durbar Square built by the Newa People.

Ashok Stupa

Legend claims that the four ancient stupas marking the boundaries of Patan were built when the great Buddhist emperor Ashoka visited the valley 2500 years ago. All are worth a quick visit, especially during the auspicious full moon of August when Buddhist and Tibetan pilgrims walk around all four stupas in a single day. Northern Stupa Just beyond the Kumbeshwar Temple, on the way to the Sankhamul ghats. Lagan (Southern) Stupa Just south of the Lagankhel bus station, crowning a hilltop and offering good views over southern Patan. Western Stupa Covered in grass beside the main road at Pulchowk. A set of steps leads uphill to the Aksheshwar Mahavihar, a courtyard-style Buddhist monastery on the hilltop. Eastern Stupa Well to the east of the centre, across Kathmandu’s Ring Rd.

Golden Temple

This unique Buddhist monastery is just north of Durbar Sq. It was allegedly founded in the 12th century, and it has existed in its current form since 1409. The temple gets its name from the gilded metal plates that cover most of its frontage and it is one of the most beautiful in Patan.